StitchSmart

StitchSmart

Pages

Friday 30 May 2014

Purring happily - new yarn

I got my hands on a whole lot of new yarn and I'm a very happy creature indeed.  If you happen to be a fellow knitter, you must know the satisfaction of enlarging your stash and if you're not - take my word, or better still, become a yarnophile and experience the feeling yourself :)

Here are my spoils:

yarn

Three shades of red may look the same but believe me, it's my camera lying again.

This little baby will join another four skeins already in my stash and one beautiful day they will become a pullover (I think). 
Shade:  beetroot red 
Fibre:  acrylic

beetroot red yarn

Another prospective pullover, or a warm weather vest (depending on whether I have 3 or 4 more skeins stashed away).
Shade: dark magenta
Fibre: acrylic

magenta yarn

I love bright colours, but this orange is too bold even for me.  As a one-tone garment it would never do, but I can quite clearly  picture it combined with something more reasonable in a fair isle knit. 
Shade:  eye-blasting orange
Fibre:  acrylic

orange yarn

Another random buy, with no clear idea what to use it for.  The stash must grow, right?  Right?
Shade:  capuccino
Fibre:  acrylic

capuccino yarn

Finally, my most precious loot in this batch:  500g of pure cotton in my favourite colour of all time.  At some stage it will become a tank top (hopefully before the summer is over...), but for now I'm simply happy to look, touch and sigh in blissful admiration. 
Shade:  red wine
Fibre:  cotton

red wine cotton yarn

I'm purring happily, because looking at new skeins and dreaming up patterns for them is probably my favourite part of knitting process.  Anyone out there feels the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment