StitchSmart

StitchSmart

Pages

Friday 20 June 2014

Finished! - Negativium

With Carefree Blue officially done, it was time to get Negativium off the blocking mat (ekhm... carpet...) and back to the workshop.

knitted cotton top

Initially, I wanted to add a few decorative elements (like crochet chains threaded through the fabric) but in the end I decided to keep things simple. I stitched two parts together and voila, I had another hand-knitted garment in my wardrobe.

knitted cotton top

Despite my worries of Negativium being too small, it fits perfectly.  Too perfectly, in fact - there is exactly zero ease in all the crucial areas and I'm seriously unsure if I have body for this anymore.  After seeing pictures from the photo shoot (and, believe me, instantly deleting a few), I decided to say a tearful farewell to my beloved sweets.  Wish me luck, and strong will.

knitted cotton top

Negativium was knitted on straight 3.5 mm needles, with three skeins of cotton worked simultaneously and fourth added at neckline (x2).  It ate up slightly over 300g of yarn.  Where colours meet, I simply knitted two yarns together although now I think that intarsia technique would probably work better.

PATTERN:

My own.  I charted stitches up as I went so I can write up a pattern if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment