StitchSmart

StitchSmart

Pages

Monday 15 June 2015

Iris

Iris - finished and photographed.

Iris scarf

I am slightly disappointed with the result.  It's not that there's something wrong with the design, it's just that I imagined it would look different.  It's too narrow, for one.  I should've noticed before I knit almost two running metres of the thing, shouldn't I?  I thought blocking will make all the difference.  It did not. 

Also, edges curl which narrows the shawl even further and pisses me off to no end because I really don't like the look. 

Pictures taken on a really windy day:

Iris scarf

I tried to anchor the shawl to various pieces of greenery to stop it from moving around...

Iris scarf

...and in the process discovered that it is almost exactly the shade of red clover:

Iris scarf

I may be a crappy photographer, but I have the coolest props:

Iris scarf and a newborn chick

Chicks hatched between Wednesday and Friday in a dramatic - if slow - process that kept me glued to the incubator for most of the time.  7 out of 10 hatched successfully, which is a decent result for first time breeders, isn't it?  The last two really struggled to get out of their shells, getting stuck for hours halfway through the unzipping stage.  Eventually we helped them a bit and I'm pretty sure this saved their lives. 

Iris scarf and a newborn chick

You have no idea how fervently I hoped that the little fella wouldn't go to toilet on my scarf...

No comments:

Post a Comment